ACT (Autism Care & Treatment) 5k/Walk
- When: Saturday morning in spring, usually late March or early April (exact date varies; provided annually)
- Who: OTG creates a team every year. Staff, their friends/families, and OTG families are encouraged to participate.
- Where: Tecolote Shores Park (Mission Bay)
- What: A 5k walk hosted by ACT! Today. Our team raises money for military families who have a child on the Autism spectrum. We meet before the walk for a group picture in our Team OTG T-shirts, walk the 5k, and go have lunch together in the area. It is a fun way to support a great cause.
- When: Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday in May)
- Who: Josh & Rebekah; volunteers welcome
- Where: TBD
- What: OTG sponsors a booth at this FREE event hosted by the Oceanside Chamber of Commerce. Thousands of active duty military and their family members are treated to a day of free food, carnival rides, and live entertainment from local bands. There is a children’s fun zone with carnival rides, inflatable jumps, rock climbing wall, kid’s crafts, face painting, and visits from local characters like Shamu and Padre Pad Squad.
Family Fun Day
- When: Saturday in summer (exact date announced 1-2 months prior)
- Who: Josh & Rebekah personally host FFD. We hope that all staff and OTG families will attend as well.
- Where: Luiseno Park
- What: Josh & Rebekah are so grateful for the opportunity to work with such amazing children and families. They entrust OTG to treat their children and invest so much time and energy to attending sessions every week. We serve food, rent jump houses, hire a game master to conduct relays/events, have face painting and balloon twisting, and even raffle prizes both to the families and to the staff. It is a great way to see the children and families we work with everyday in a more relaxed, fun setting, and the kiddos love seeing their therapists with their own families, too. We sincerely hope you all attend!